Before joining Zurich, Peter worked for BOC Gases based in Melbourne, Sydney
and Jakarta and was employed in a number of roles (refer below). During this 9
year period his main responsibilities were in project management / engineering,
commissioning, HAZOP / risk assessments and production / distribution support.
Peter has been employed with Zurich as a Risk Engineer since 1999 providing
technical risk support to global and corporate customers of the Zurich Group in
Australasia. During this period, he has been extensively involved in many process
industries including mining, cement, metals, chemical, oil, gas and petrochemical
refining including LNG facilities.
He brings a strong project management flavour to the Zurich Risk Engineering
Team and is therefore focused on practical, cost effective, customised solutions.
- Zurich Financial Services Australia Pty Ltd
Senior Risk Engineer, 1999 – Present
- Evaluated operations to assist customers develop loss control programs and
performed risk assessments. Previous member of the global Risk
Assessment Methodology Practices Group. Led the development and
ongoing facilitation of FRMS (Fatigue Risk Management System). Current
member of the Group Risk Engineering Technical Centre team for Motor.
- Prior to his work in the insurance industry, Peter worked for BOC Gases
Australia in the roles of Production Engineer, Commissioning Engineer,
Project Engineer and Project Manager.
- Property Risk Services • Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Machinery Risk Services • Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Liability Risk Services • Project Management
- Motor Fleet Risk Services • Zurich Hazard Analysis (ZHA)
- Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) with Honours from the Royal Melbourne
Institute of Technology
- Zurich International Risk Engineering Course
- Zurich Hazard Analysis – Team leader Course